However, when I want to share a page, I’d rather not come up with some kind of wannabe-event. I simply want to suggest the page to my friends.
- If you haven’t installed it yet, install Google Chrome. It’s definitely the best browser for this kind of productivity boosting.
- Create a new shortcut to Chrome with an added command line option
--disable-web-security. This will deliberately disable a security feature called “Same Origin Policy“. On my machine, the link looks like
- Warning: This is dangerous. Do not use this shortcut for regular browsing , but only to toggle all selected friends.
- Open the security-disabled Chrome and navigate to the facebook page you want to share and click “Suggest to Friends”
- Right-Click the page somewhere and select ‘inspect element’ to open developer tools. Choose Console
- Now, enter the following line:
- Hit Enter in the console window to select/deselect all friends. This is nothing but a ‘toggle all’ feature the hard way.
A Detailed Walkthrough
Create a new shortcut
Select the text in “Target” and copy it (Ctrl + C).
--disable-web-security. Mind the space character in between!
Screenshots for the facebook / chrome part are coming, but that takes a little longer to ensure privacy…
That’s about it for now. Now go and share this link with all your friends